Cinnamon acts on the body weight loss due to regulation of glucose levels and has its own scientific evidence. It is effective to suppress the appetite.
Cinnamon reduces blood sugar while increasing insulin levels. These characteristics make it very popular and preferred product for weight loss and for people suffering from diabetes.
Although cinnamon is a spice and its use should not cause problems, you need to consult a specialist before using cinnamon for weight loss. This is necessary if you are taking medication associated with insulin and blood sugar.
Here are some interesting facts about cinnamon that may not know:
- Cinnamon acquires its characteristic flavor of a substance called tsinamaldehid
- The word cinnamon comes from Greek
- Cinnamon is mentioned in Chinese writings from 2800 BC. BC
- True cinnamon comes from Sri Lanka
- In Egypt cinnamon was used in the process of mummification in ancient times
- The Egyptians also used it to flavor your food
- Cinnamon was used in funeral fire in Ancient Rome. In 65 AD Nero huge amount of cinnamon at the funeral of his second wife, to show our strong sorrow
- In the Middle Ages aromatic spice was only available to the higher strata of society
- Hippocras, famous type of wine produced in the past, the production was used cinnamon. Is named after the famous Greek physician Hippocrates today is not produced commercially. You can still occur in some areas of France.
- 2 tsp. cinnamon contains 12 calories
With little creativity, you can turn a few teaspoons cinnamon for weight loss diet and lose weight without even feel. You can also sprinkle apple, pear or other favorite fruit with cinnamon, eat it with yogurt or rice pudding, and tea or coffee.