Vitamin C though can be harmful as every other substance if we have intolerance to it.
Overdosing of vitamin C may increase your blood pressure, as well as blood sugar. Damage to sleep, can form stones in the urinary tract, it is possible to begin to faint, vomit or get diarrhea. These symptoms are preventable if you take preparation containing vitamin C, after eating. It is best however to reduce the dose.
Experts warn that too much emphasis on the products and preparations containing this vitamin may be a reason for developing an allergic reaction. So “it’s good when in moderation” in case it is very true. But doctors say they cannot talk about real allergy to vitamin C. Most occur mild itching or hives. Allergy in the true sense of the word can occur with the use of concentrated vitamin C, or if you put it through injections – muscle or vein. Optimal dose of vitamin C in the body should be between 100 to 400 AD This dose is contained in 2 oranges or a pound of apples. During epidemics, the advice is to increase the dose to 500-600 mg. And it is best to take vitamin C in natural form, as in fruits and vegetables which have many nutrients. Probably everyone knows where to “look for” vitamin C – more than it has in citrus fruits in the hip, in tomatoes, potatoes, sour-sweet and sour berries in watermelon, cabbage, peppers, dark green vegetables. Even milk has vitamin C.
The main consequences of any food allergy, allergy in the case of vitamin C are rash, itching, hives, swelling, redness, fever, cough. In complicated reaction to this component can lead to anaphylactic shock and Quincke’s edema which is very dangerous condition.