Liver doesn’t like fatty foods, alcohol and medications. This extremely important organ also needs regular detoxification to function properly. Sometimes when we find out that we have problems with liver it is too late and the disease has already become chronic.
Disability of this organ is detrimental to human and can endanger life.
Here are some facts about the liver, you might not know:
- The largest gland in the human body is the liver. It is the worst – weighs about 1.5 kg.
- The liver is approximately 20 million different chemical reactions in a minute.
- For an hour pass through the liver 100 liters of blood.
- During the 8-10 weeks of intrauterine life the liver reaches half the weight of the embryo.
- The liver is the mythical and mysterious organ. Ancient physicians were convinced that it is living soul. And there is something true in this thesis. Thanks to the liver in the human body is made more than 500 vital functions, including the synthesis of substances related to mood.
- One of the most unique features of the liver is its ability to recover. Thanks to it you can survive if 70% of his liver removed.
- The liver breaks down the most effective alcohol between 18.00 and 20.00
- About 25% of chronic liver disease is to blame alcohol.
- In the world each year, more than 8,000 liver transplants.
- In the United States each year are spent from 7 thousand to 12 thousand dollars for treatment of a patient with hepatitis C.
If you think that you have problems with liver immediately contact your doctor for further medical examinations in order to prevent more serious conditions.
Remember that liver diseases may not have symptoms for a long time so make prophylaxis regularly.