Mothers who are fans of such fancy baby accessories should be extremely careful as the decoration made from very tiny parts can cause fatal choking of the baby. Most of them are manufactured by all safety standards but the gems are added and glued by hand after that which makes them totally unsafe, report Daily Mail.
Even if the crystal and plastic gems are so little that it seems they could not cause problems if inhaled they can fall into lungs. Also if a couple of gems form a clump can totally block airways of the baby.
Although beautiful and fashionable after cleaning and washing the glue soften and gems may fall in the mouth of the baby and cause choking. Safety tips of manufacturers and doctors include boiling dummies and bottles for not less than five minutes and after that procedure it is not clear what will happen with the glue and if the gems will not unstick.
Specialists alert parents who have bought such bling dummies to stop using them in order to prevent accidents with their babies. Attractiveness of these products makes them very popular but danger is bigger than vanity when it comes to babies and little children.
Bling dummies and bottle and other types of accessories for the baby with different gems and other inappropriate for the baby ornaments are sold online and even on the street and are pretty expensive but no one control their safety so parents are strongly advised not to buy and use them.
Although specialists recommend not using dummy, they say that even if you choose using it at least to be normal one without any kind of dangerous ornaments.
Many parents wonder how can any mother give her baby such dangerous thing but the fact is that there are too many parents who find bling dummies suitable for their babies and cannot see the danger.